Steel Construction and Special Constructions
The range of services includes steel constructions for industry and trade, steel construction in plant engineering, special steel constructions, platforms, stages, stairs and railings. In close coordination with the client, our project managers and designers implement the wishes and requirements of the customer. A team of well-trained engineers, technicians and skilled workers ensures that our components and products are manufactured in accordance with the quality standards, right up to completely delivered systems.
Steel structures in plant engineering are well established. The steel structure as a substructure or accompanying steel must always adapt to the requirements of plant construction and its sometimes complicated technical facilities.
Our cooperation and advice extends from planning, statics and construction through production and conservation to the assembly of the steel structures.
Quality assurance and qualifications
With HORSTMANN you have a contact person for individual steel constructions. HORSTMANN is a medium-sized company with a total of approx. 220 employees, 50 of whom are certified welders in welding production.
With our quality management certified according to DIN EN ISO 3834-2, a comprehensive occupational safety system and our welding approvals, we guarantee the high quality and safe handling of all projects. Adherence to deadlines in project execution is one of the strengths of our work in a team.
Certificates and qualifications
- CERTIFICATE – Conformity of the factory production control
according to Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011, for structural components and kits for steel structures up to EXC4 according to EN 1090-2
- Welding certificate according to EN 1090-2: 2018
execution classes up to EXC4, welding processes 111, 135, 138, material groups 1.1, 1.2 and 8
- Certificate according to DIN EN ISO 3834-2
Quality requirements for fusion welding of metallic materials – Comprehensive quality requirements.
Quality assurance and manufacturing
- Permanent welding supervision on site (international welding engineer (IWE), European welding engineer (EWE) / representation)
- Constant monitoring of production by our quality assurance department
- There are currently 40 certified welders working in welding production.
- Welding processes:
- 111 – Manual arc welding (for construction site welding)
- 135 – MAG welding with solid wire electrode
- 138 – MAG welding with a wire electrode filled with welding powder
- Base materials: Material groups 1.1, 1.2 according to CEN ISO / TR 15608 and EN 1090-2, tables 2 and 3 as well as material group 8 according to CEN ISO / TR 15608 and EN 1090-2, table 4
- All blasting work and coatings required to protect the structures are carried out or applied in our factory.
- In the blasting cabin, constructions with dimensions up to LxWxH = 13 × 3.9 × 4.2m and with a maximum weight of 8 tons can be cleaned up to purity grade SA3.
- A heated and movable cabin with the dimensions LxWxH = 13 × 6.5x3m is available for the application of the coatings. Fast drying and thus optimized production processes are possible.
- The application process is constantly monitored, logged and documented by our quality assurance.